ant-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond Berg (ALLETE)" <rb...@mnpower.com>
Subject RE: Multiple
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 14:20:54 GMT
I very much appreciate the responses on this. I think this is probably
the best solution for the issue. Somehow I missed the ability to use a
replacefilterfile in the documentation.

As for the dynamic replace count, that's just my condensed and
confusticated way of saying that there may be any number of replaceable
strings for each project (some have one dependent server, some have
dozens). A filter file appears to hanle this and I think this is going
to be the best solution, although possibly not the cleanest as files
will have to be created for dozens of concurrent deployments and erased
on completion.

I should like to hope that ANT has/will add a core function or extension
like what Jim Cant wrote in response to this issue (for Perl):

"perl -i.bak -ape "s/pat1/repl1/g;s/pat2/repl2/g;...;s/patN/replN/g"

While Perl is known for its ability to manage file/user input like a
crazy person, I think the ability to use a string for multiple search
and replaces would be desirable. I looked at the equivalent RegEx
parsing in the ANT library and they use the Java approach, which is
logical but not necessarily desirable for build scripts.

Something to think about, but thanks again! I'm off to finish the job!

-Raymond