ant-user mailing list archives

From "Raymond Berg (ALLETE)" <rb...@mnpower.com>
Subject RE: Multiple
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 13:44:10 GMT
Sorry for the delayed response! Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not
totally comfortable creating another language dependency for the task.
That's not to say that this isn't the faster, if not altogether better,
solution for this issue.

You are right, though, the solution is to evaluate files and perform
multiple replacements on each provided string. My apologies for the
confusion.

-Raymond

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Cant [mailto:cant_jim@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 8:40 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Re: Multiple

If I understand your problem correctly, what you are trying to do is do
global search and replace in a file.  I don't think ant is the
appropriate
tool for this; I'd suggest Perl.  Here's a command that replaces every
occurence of each pattern in a line for all lines in a file and saves
the
original file 'fileIn.txt' to 'fileIn.txt.bak

perl -i.bak -ape "s/pat1/repl1/g;s/pat2/repl2/g;...;s/patN/replN/g"

You should be able to run this with the <exec> task.

Note that if a replacement results in a line that matches a pattern that
you
match later, that replacement will be made which may not be what you
want.