ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: AW: Checking for build.properties and properties upon initialization
Date Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:11:25 GMT
Dominique Devienne wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Dimitris Mouchritsas
> <dimitris.mouchritsas@eurodyn.com
>
>> What do you think?
>>

> Why not simply
>
> <fail unless="log4j.lib.dir">Property log4j.lib.dir must be set</fail>
> <fail unless="log4j.jar">Property log4j.jar must be set</fail>
> etc...
>
> And wrap this into a macro allowing to call as as <assert-property-set
> name="log4j.lib.dir" />?
>
> Only difference is that you can't easily all the properties not set at
> once, but one at a time. Looks a bit simpler to me though. --DD

Well, from the little thought I gave to the problem, to me it seems
better to have all the properties
shown at once. I know it's fast since it's executed right at the start
of the project but I prefer this
to run, find missing, declare, run, find missing, declare, run, .... you
get the idea.
It's just a personal preference I guess. I haven't thought of the
multiple fail unless like that though.
That looks good as well.

Dimitris