ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Continu exec task, while leaving ant
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 20:43:39 GMT
jantje schrieb:
> <exec/> works with apache tomcat AND with qemu, I came to this conclusion
> after doing some tests.. They do not work, when they are in <forget/> from
> ant-contrib, so this does not work:
>     <forget>
>       <exec executable="bash" failonerror="true">
>         <arg value="-c" />
>         <arg value="apache-tomcat start;"/>
>       </exec>
>     </forget>
>     RESULT: "BUILD SUCCESFUL", nothing else..

a small test here@home with ant 1.7.0 / jdk 1.6.0_06
on OpenSuse 10.3 shows the same result for me

testscript
#!/bin/bash
echo "$1 + $2 => `expr $1 + $2`"

<exec executable="bash">
  <arg line="/shellscripts/test 2 5 >/shellscripts/test_out" />
</exec>

works fine, but not when put into <forget> ... </forget>
Maybe it's a bug specific for use with ant 1.7.0 ?!

No further ideas right now, sorry.

Regards, Gilbert