ant-user mailing list archives

From supareno <reno.rkc...@free.fr>
Subject Re: newbie question regarding setting environment variables
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 20:28:36 GMT
Frank,

can you give us the result of 'ant -diagnostics'  or 'ant -diagnostics |
grep tools' to see tools.jar is in your path
if not, what is the result of 'echo $JAVA_HOME'?

to set your JAVA_HOME:

edit your bashrc file
vi ~/.bashrc

add these lines at the end your bashrc file

PATH=/<path_to_your_jdk>/bin:$PATH
JAVA_HOME=/<path_to_your_jdk>/
JDK_HOME=/<path_to_your_jdk>/

export PATH
export JAVA_HOME
export JDK_HOME

save your changes

[ <esc> + : + w + q ] in the vi editor

reload your bashrc file (not sure that is useful)

source ~/.bashrc

try echo $JAVA_HOME
you must see /<path_to_your_jdk>/

and after try ant -diagnostics