ant-user mailing list archives

From Gilbert Rebhan <...@schillbaer.de>
Subject Re: Multiple
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2008 19:44:13 GMT
Raymond Berg (ALLETE) schrieb:
> I've got a situation where I need to search deployment files for various
> server names of a variable count when moving from staging to production
> automatically. However, I can't seem to figure out how to handle a
> dynamic replace count.

sorry - it's not clear to me =
searching for something, OK
dynamic replace count ??

already the subject of your mail = "Multiple"
is not that significant

>I was looking at the script task but found no
> syntax that seemed to help. (Also investigated path tools and the few
> string operations available)

when using <script> combined with a full blown language that runs
in BSF/VM you have all the power of a real language at your fingertips,
nearly everything is possible.You have also access to the ant api.
(j)ruby, groovy recommended or if you want a more 'java look alike'
syntax use beanshell,javascript(rhino)

> I'm debating whether to create a new Ant task, but I'm not comfortable
> enough with my skills yet to attempt this.

we need more details ...

Regards, Gilbert