ant-user mailing list archives

From "Keith Hatton" <khat...@axiomsystems.com>
Subject [AntUnit] Can I write the <logcontent/> to a file?
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2008 14:27:27 GMT
Hi all,

I'm trying to use the AntUnit framework to test some custom Ant tasks.
Unfortunately it's proving very much a black box, and when a test fails
I can't find any Ant log for the test case. I've read the AntUnit
documentation on the <logcontent/> resource, and I obviously didn't
fully understand it.

I've tried the following within my test case:
                <concat destfile="antunit.log">
                    <au:logcontent/>
                </concat>

but that doesn't produce any log at all, there is no antunit.log file.

If I try the same code within my <antunit> task in the main build file,
the build fails, stating that <concat> cannot be used within the
<antunit> task.

What is the right way to get generic access to the log of the test case?

Thanks
Keith

Axiom Systems Limited is a limited company registered in England and
Wales. Registered number: 2358771. Registered office: One Forbury
Square, The Forbury, Reading, Berks RG1 3EB