ant-user mailing list archives

From Jim Cant <cant_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Multiple
Date Thu, 03 Jul 2008 01:40:07 GMT

If I understand your problem correctly, what you are trying to do is do a
global search and replace in a file.  I don't think ant is the appropriate
tool for this; I'd suggest Perl.  Here's a command that replaces every
occurence of each pattern in a line for all lines in a file and saves the
original file 'fileIn.txt' to 'fileIn.txt.bak

perl -i.bak -ape "s/pat1/repl1/g;s/pat2/repl2/g;...;s/patN/replN/g"

You should be able to run this with the <exec> task.

Note that if a replacement results in a line that matches a pattern that you
match later, that replacement will be made which may not be what you want.