ant-user mailing list archives

From Roman Kennke <>
Subject Referencing command line args?
Date Fri, 04 Jul 2008 09:01:22 GMT
Hi there,

is it possible to define command line args for the exec and apply tasks
elsewhere and reference them, just like is possible with path-like
structures in other commands? This would be very helpful to avoid
duplication in a project that I'm implementing. So far, the only option
is to use properties and put them together into complete command lines,
and then use <arg line="${args}" />, which is ugly and has its
limitations. I'd much prefer to be able to use <arg refid="args" /> and
use a collection of args defined elsewhere. Is this possible somehow? If
not, could this be added to ant?

Cheers, Roman

View raw message