ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Visher" <tim.vis...@gmail.com>
Subject 'clean' target specifying all files 'except' a given fileset
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:46:52 GMT
Hey Everyone,

I'm trying to develop a clean target that essentially deletes
everything but a given set of files, rather than explicitly specifying
everything to delete.  This seems like a slightly more elegant
solution than the alternative, but I'm having very little success at
the moment.  I've included the contents of the clean target here
(since it's pretty small at the moment).  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Now:
<target name="clean" depends="init" >
        <delete failonerror="false">
            <fileset>
                <not>
                    <filename name="build.xml" />
                    <filename name="test.xml" />
                    <filename name="src/*" />
                    <filename name="tests/*" />
                </not>
            </fileset>
        </delete>
</target>

Former:
<target name="clean" depends="init" >
        <delete dir="${build}" />
        <delete dir="${dist}" />
        <delete dir="${doc}" />
        <delete dir="${tests:out}" />
        <delete dir="${tests:reports}" />
</target>

FYI: I'm actually failing on an error, a Null Pointer Exception to be
exact.  So it's not only not deleting the desired fileset; it's not
even executing.

--

In Christ,

Timmy V.