ant-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Visher" <tim.vis...@gmail.com>
Subject Storing all libs in SCM?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 19:45:20 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I've been working on setting up an automated build environment using
Ant for a few days while I try to move towards the Continuous
Integration benchmark and I've run into a major snag that I can't seem
to get past.  I've been doing a lot of reading about Agile Processes
and Continuous Integration and one of the major things that keeps
getting brought up is that you should have every component needed to
build your software stored centrally via SCM in order to ensure that
you are always able to reproduce any build.  I'm probably going to
stop short of throwing the OS and DB software in there, but I would
like to store all necessary lib jars (such as javaee.jar and mail.jar)
in there so that when a vanilla box checks out the software, it has a
constant place to look for all necessary library components.  So far,
I've gotten things to work by putting the necessary lib files in
ANT_HOME/lib and by using the -lib flag to specify an alternate
location that also has the necessary lib files, but I can't figure out
how to pass something like the -lib option internally to the build.xml
file.  I've tried specifying the classpath property in the javac task
but that did not work either, even though when I ran ant in -verbose
mode the classpath option that was apparently being passed to javac
did have the correct folder on it.

I'm not sure where the break down in my understanding is but hopefully
the above is more than enough info for someone to help me.  If it's
not, please just ask as I've wasted too much time trouncing through
the documentation.

Thanks in advance for your help!

--

In Christ,