ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject RE: calling ant with parameters
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:55:32 GMT
So, I am curious...

How would one deliniate the name of the target(s) vs the name of params to
hand in?

Granted the -Dname=value can be somewhat verbose...

Is this $0 $1 notation somehow more obvious?  I haven't looked at it...so
just asking "off the cuff."

So, I tend to agree as well...it'd be nice to hand in params...just trying
to reconcile in my mind how to express this cleanly on the command line to
differentiate between params vs target names...

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008, Shawn Castrianni wrote:

> I would love this feature too.  It would allow us an easy way to launch any java class
with application arguments by having a generic launchClass target that takes in the name of
the class to launch and any app arguments.

> Dominique Devienne developed a mechanism for this with $0, $1, etc..  properties and
submitted the source code to ANT.  It is still sitting there as a request for ANT to checkin
but no one voted on it.

> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

Scot P. Floess