ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Gröndal <daniel.gron...@ericsson.com>
Subject how to echo propertyset to file?
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 09:29:53 GMT
Hi all!

I have a problem echoing a set of properties to a specified file. I have a number of properties
which have a common prefix, but the exact number is undefined, so these properties are selectable
by a propertyset by I do not know the exakt number.

The reason for this somewhat uncommon setup is that I have created a common "base" file (common.xml)
that is imported into other (project specific) build files in my workspace. This saves me
a lot of time and typing since my projects have similiar setup. This base file has a target
for creating a jad-file (a sort of manifest file used in MIDlet development) which holds information
about a jar-file. The importing build files however holds some information about midlets that
is not known when creating the common base build file, and therefore I have to be able to
find these properties and print them in a generic way, regardless of how many they are.

The target just looks like this:

<!--_________Creates the jad file for the project_________
<target name="create.jad" description="Creates a jad file for the midlet suite.">
	<echo file="${ant.project.name}.jad" message="MIDlet-Version: ${MIDletVersion}${line.separator}"
append="true"/>
	<echo file="${ant.project.name}.jad" message="MIDlet-Vendor: ${MIDletVendor}${line.separator}"
append="true"/>
	<echo file="${ant.project.name}.jad" message="MIDlet-Jar-URL: ${MIDletJarUrl}${line.separator}"
append="true"/>
	<!-- and on it goes for some more properties including my unknown number of specific properties
-->
</target>

The properties echoed (such as MIDletVersion etc) out are set by the build file importing
the base file.

At the end of this target I would like to echo out all properties with a certain prefix. The
propertyset I want to output can be created like:

<propertyset id="midlet_properties">
	<propertyref prefix="MIDlet_"/>
</propertyset>

But how do I echo this propertyset to the specified file? I tried using <echoproperties>
(I know this might not be the intention of echoproperties). That gives me some additional
lines at the top of the file that I do not want. I also tried using pathconvert but that really
needs a path, not a propertyset.

Do I have to use foreach from ant-contrib? Are there any other (reasonable) way to do this?
Any suggestions are more than welcome right now.

Thanks,

//daniel