ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: doubt in property
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 14:30:31 GMT
The property names are not significant.

Think of location as properties stored as java.io.File objects and value
as properties stored as java.lang.String objects; locations of
files/directories vs a string of text.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Irfan.Sayed@t-systems.com [mailto:Irfan.Sayed@t-systems.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 04, 2008 10:22 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: doubt in property

Hi All,

I was trying to analyze following two lines.

<property name="catcs_log.file"
location="${log.dir}/db_catcs.log"/>

<property name="rules"                       value="prs_db.rules"/>

Following are my doubts

1: is it necessary to write .file in the property name in the first
line??

2: Both are properties then why we are sometime using value and sometime
location??

Request you to please let me know the significance

Please help

Regards

Irfan.

This message, including any attachments, contains confidential information intended
for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended

recipient, please contact the sender immediately by reply e-mail and destroy all copies.
You are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or
the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited.

TIAA-CREF