ant-user mailing list archives

From <Irfan.Sa...@t-systems.com>
Subject RE: Sample build.properties file
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:40:21 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for response. Actually I have written one build.xml and build.
properties file but unfortunately it is not executing fine.
Build script is not compiling the actual source code and secondly it is
creating the directory as ${output}\classess instead of classess.

Please find the attached build.xml and build. properties file and the
exact output.

Request you all to please have a look and guide/help me

Regards
Irfan.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ognjen Blagojevic [mailto:ognjen@etf.bg.ac.yu]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 3:29 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Sample build.properties file

Irfan.Sayed@t-systems.com wrote:
> Can anyone please give me the sample build. properties file. I need to
> understand the syntax of the same.

There is nothing special about build.properties file. Just the textual
name-value pairs, someting like:

src=src
build=bin
deploy=/usl/local/tomcat/webapps

and so on. You can use these pairs as parameters for some standard
build.xml file, instead of scattering them around the XML.

Did you mean maybe an example of build.XML file?

Regards,
Ognjen