ant-user mailing list archives

From Steven Guitar <stgui...@mac.com>
Subject sourcepath files get implicitly compiled and end up in archive
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 16:11:31 GMT
I am working on some build scripts for projects that have a dynamic
listing of dependancies.

when i try to compile project A that depends on project B, there is
not a way for me to know which project to compile first (short of
having the developer keep track of it in a properties file) - so i
have resorted to using the sourcepath reference stuff of javac to
point to the source files to use so that javac can compile project A
that depends on project B.

enter the problem...

project A eventually gets packaged into a WAR, and when i examine the
WAR, it also has the classes needed from project B. i have a feeling
that the sourcepath is implicitly casting these guys, and spitting the
resulting .class files into the same directory with project A's
actual .class files, and then when i war that directory up my war
contains everything.

the problem is, there is nothing about the file structures or package
structures that will help me determine what should be excluded from
the WAR.

i really need a way to use the sourcepath stuff without it generating
class files OR have those generated class files NOT put in the same
spot as project A's class files.

is there a way to do this?

as an added pain, when i tell javac to list the files its going to
compile, it does not mention the classes from project B, but they show
up in the destdir location. i can only assume that because they are
listed on the sourcepath that they are getting compiled.