ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: calling ant with parameters
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 17:07:55 GMT
I would love this feature too.  It would allow us an easy way to launch any java class with
application arguments by having a generic launchClass target that takes in the name of the
class to launch and any app arguments.

Dominique Devienne developed a mechanism for this with $0, $1, etc..  properties and submitted
the source code to ANT.  It is still sitting there as a request for ANT to checkin but no
one voted on it.

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Catz [mailto:Guy.catz@waves.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:56 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: calling ant with parameters

I would like to set a parameter to a ant. Something like this from command-line -

ANT compile debug
ANT compile release

or

ANT testProducts full
ANT testProducts debugOnly

the target Compile will "catch" the first parameter and will act as needed.

how can I make this to work? how can I call an ANT target with parameters?

Thanks,
    Guy.