ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: Depends="init" problem
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:03:59 GMT
There are many ways to call ant targets.  If you stick with using the depends to get a target
called, then ant will never duplicate a target.  So to get a target to call a then b then
c but only run init once, just make this new "big" target depend on a,b,c and it will call
each of them in order first before big which will even before that first call init only one
time.

<target name="big" depends="a,b,c"/>

So you should see:

<init>
<a>
<b>
<c>
<big>

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Guy Catz [mailto:Guy.catz@waves.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 2:50 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Depends="init" problem

I have several targets, all depends on init -

<target name="a" depends="init">

<target name="b" depends="init">

<target name="c" depends="init">

and of course <target name="init">

Now, I also have a target which call a, then b and then c.
But when I run that ANT, the output is something like this -
running <init> -     successful
running <a> -        successful
running <init> -     successful
running <b> -        successful
running <init> -     successful
running <c> -        successful

which means that Init ran 3 times!! instead of only once.

I do I make it to run only once?

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Guy.