ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject junit forkmode and timeout question
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 22:35:55 GMT
I am confused on how the junit task's forkmode and timeout work together.  I understand that
fork must be true for timeout to have an effect.  However, my question is with forkmode and
timeout.  I was curious how the timeout is implemented.  If after the timeout has elapsed,
does ANT just kill the JVM process?  If so, what if the forkmode was set to "once" or "perBatch".
 There may still be other unit tests left to run in the batch such that killing the JVM after
the timeout would kill any other remaining unit tests that have not yet been run.  Wouldn't
a timeout require a "perTest" forkmode so that each test is in its own JVM that can be safely
killed after the timeout period has elapsed?

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.