ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject shared ant installation
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 21:29:36 GMT
I am trying to produce a sandbox with ant and some master build scripts such that all my developers
can point to the network share for ant.  I am hoping to use this to prevent everybody from
having to install my ant sandbox locally which can get out of date.  By everyone pointing
to the network share, everyone will always be using the most up to date sandbox that I can
maintain.  Each developer's source code has a local build.xml file which does an import on
my master build file in the network ant sandbox.  If I set an env variable to point to the
network ant sandbox, ANT is throwing an error trying to import it.  The env variable is set
to:  \\<serverName>\dir1\dir2\dir3<file:///\\%3cserverName%3e\dir1\dir2\dir3>
  for example.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URI has an authority component
        at java.io.File.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.fromURI(Locator.java:165)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getResourceSource(Locator.java:119)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Locator.getClassSource(Locator.java:90)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.run(Launcher.java:161)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:104)

---
Shawn Castrianni

and delete all copies of this message.