ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy_ha...@mac.com>
Subject Using the script tag, wanting to return a value
Date Thu, 12 Jun 2008 01:56:24 GMT
I'm using the script tag to run a ruby script and would like to return
a value from the script.  Is that possible?  I see that I can use the
setbeans attribute to have access to the build.xml variables from
within the ruby script.  I can output them and even change those
variables within the ruby script, but those changes disappear once the
script returns.
Is there any way to return the value?
Really I'm trying to get the result of `svn info` which is retrieved
in my ruby script.  I haven't seen ant libraries out there that do
that - most don't implement the info function.  I tried using the exec
task but that seems to need the path information and that gets too
messy.