ant-user mailing list archives

From "Vallon, Justin" <jval...@bear.com>
Subject RE: 'clean' target specifying all files 'except' a given fileset
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 16:11:31 GMT
Let me second that, with a further example:  I would be "frustrated" if
an "ant clean" deleted my scratch files, notes, etc, that might be
sitting at the top-level of a project.

-Justin
office 8-383-6725, 212-272-6725; cell 917-861-6042
-----Original Message-----
From: David Weintraub [mailto:qazwart@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 16, 2008 11:52 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: 'clean' target specifying all files 'except' a given
fileset

As someone already said and I hinted at: It is a bit dangerous to
specify a <delete> and hope you're somehow you specified all the
directories you don't want to touch. If you use <delete> and forget to
specify a directory to delete, you didn't really do any harm. But if
you use <delete> and specify the files you want to keep, but forget a
directory, you're up a rather smelly estuary without the means of
propulsion.

The best thing to do is put all files that your build.xml creates
under a single directory, then your "clean" command just specifies
that directory.