ant-user mailing list archives

From "Xavier Hanin" <xavier.ha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ivy [2.0-beta-2]: Download Source Jars
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 07:40:23 GMT
As you noted there is an open issue to make Ivy able to find source and
javadoc artifacts automatically from a pom, which is not easy since there's
no such information in the pom itself. But this is far from being
infeasible, especially since we are able to parse parent poms, and thus go
through the repote repository when converting poms.

Until this is implemented, there are two ways to address what you want: the
first is what we do in IvyDE, use Ivy API to download source and javadoc
artifacts when available without any change in metadata. BTW if you're an
eclipse user I suggest giving IvyDE a try, you will have source and javadoc
attachment for free if you use maven 2 repositories.

The second way is to add source and javadoc artifacts when you declare the
dependencies. Something like:
<dependency org="commons-lang" name="commons-lang" rev="2.0">
  <artifact name="commons-lang" type="jar" />
  <artifact name="commons-lang" type="source" ext="jar"
m:qualifier="sources" />
  <artifact name="commons-lang" type="javadoc" ext="jar"
m:qualifier="javadoc" />
</dependency>

HTH,

Xavier