ant-user mailing list archives

From Vijay Aravamudhan <avij...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Depends="init" problem
Date Mon, 16 Jun 2008 10:14:28 GMT
hi,
I think the way you invoke the targets is like:
ant -f buildFile.xml a b c

If that is the case, you are invoking each target independent of each
other - which means that the dependencies for each are discovered
separately and executed - once for a, once for b and once for c. If you
had a single target called 'all' or something that ties together a, b
and c, and you invoke that from the command line, then the dependency
tree will be determined once and init will be called once for each
invocation.

Does that make sense?

hth,
Vijay