ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Change Temp Directroy used by ANT
Date Wed, 11 Jun 2008 11:27:18 GMT
Pankaj Arora01 wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> Can I change the temp directory used by ANT by passing it as an argument?
>

> Problem:
>
> I am trying to start two processes parallely on the same System. Both the processes are
modifying files having same name but in different directories.

> During processing, files are copied to System Temporary folder and modified.
> Since the file name is same, once first process finishes, it removes the file from the
temp folder and the second process throws an error.

> This can be solved if I use different temp folders but I do not know how??

change the TEMP/TMP environment variables of the processes started; this
gets picked up by the java.io.tmpdir property and you are laughing.
Alternatively, do a copy that doesnt require a unique name in the temp
folder. <tempfile> can give you a unique name

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/