ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: FTP Problems in 1.7.0
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:28:44 GMT
Reinhardt Christiansen wrote:
> Can anyone help me with the Ant optional ftp task? I'm finally using Ant
> again for the first time in a couple of years and running into some
> problems.
>
> I'm using Ant 1.7.0 and my build is basically working fine, aside from
> some issues with the ftp task. My mkdir and send actions are working
> fine so I know that this is not an installation issue, such as missing
> jars.

the usual thing that breaks FTP is a wierd directory listing at the far
end. What server/language are you using and what does a listing look
like? (we do warn about this at the top of the task, but maybe the
language there could be clearer)

> Here are my problems:
>
>   1. I keep getting a MalformedPatternException when I try to do an ftp
>      with action="list". It seems to be objecting to the listing
>      parameter. I have tried all the variations I can imagine but
>      nothing works.

could be the response from the far end. Try running at -debug and
posting the relevant output as a bug report.

>   2. My action="send" operations work fine as long as I omit the
>      depends="yes" parameter. When I include depends="yes", I get
>      MalformedPatternException on the line containing the remotedir
>      parameter.

Same game. Its trying to parse the date at the far end and failing.

> Also, with respect to the listing parameter of action="list", can
> someone please clarify whether the file identified in the listing
> parameter is on the server or the remote machine? The documentation is
> not clear on this point. I've looked on both machines and can't find the
> file on either one; it would save me a bit of time if I knew I didn't
> have to look on one of the two machines.

remotedir: base directory from which files are listed
fileset: the remote files located under the remotedir matching the
include/exclude patterns of the fileset

so, the nested files are the things to list.

-steve

Author: Ant in Action           http://antbook.org/