ant-user mailing list archives

From Reinhardt Christiansen <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject FTP Problems in 1.7.0
Date Sat, 07 Jun 2008 04:37:37 GMT
Can anyone help me with the Ant optional ftp task? I'm finally using Ant
again for the first time in a couple of years and running into some
problems.

I'm using Ant 1.7.0 and my build is basically working fine, aside from
some issues with the ftp task. My mkdir and send actions are working
fine so I know that this is not an installation issue, such as missing jars.

Here are my problems:

   1. I keep getting a MalformedPatternException when I try to do an ftp
      with action="list". It seems to be objecting to the listing
      parameter. I have tried all the variations I can imagine but
      nothing works.
   2. My action="send" operations work fine as long as I omit the
      depends="yes" parameter. When I include depends="yes", I get
      MalformedPatternException on the line containing the remotedir
      parameter.

Here is code illustrating the first problem:
     <ftp action="list" server="${servername}" userid="${userid}"
password="${password}"
        description="List contents of directory"
        remotedir="${servername}/zzz"
        listing="ftp.listing">
        <fileset dir="${workspace}">
            <include name="*.shtml"/>
        </fileset>
    </ftp>

Here is code illustrating the second problem; if I omit the depends
parameter, the send works perfectly:
    <ftp action="send" server="${servername}" userid="${userid}"
password="${password}" depends="yes"
        description="Upload files for main directory"
        remotedir="${servername}/zzz">
        <fileset dir="${workspace}">
            <patternset refid="ps.main"/>
        </fileset>
    </ftp>

I tried finding some additional examples in the MARC archive but I'm
darned if I can figure out the syntax for the search feature. I keep
getting hits that don't contain my search arguments and don't seem to
bear any relation to what I want. Can anyone tell me how to search on
all posts that contain: action="list"?

Also, with respect to the listing parameter of action="list", can
someone please clarify whether the file identified in the listing
parameter is on the server or the remote machine? The documentation is
not clear on this point. I've looked on both machines and can't find the
file on either one; it would save me a bit of time if I knew I didn't
have to look on one of the two machines.

--
Rhino