ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominique Devienne" <ddevie...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Advanced includes/excludes for javac
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 15:42:54 GMT
On Mon, Jun 23, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Roman Kennke <roman@kennke.org> wrote:
> I have a problem with the javac task that I cannot solve, maybe somebody
> can help me. Let's say I have a directory layout like this:
>
> src/proj1/Class1.java
> src/proj1/Class2.java
> src/proj2/Class1.java
> src/proj2/Class2.java
>
> Now I want to compile Class1 from proj1 and Class2 from proj2 and
> exclude the other two. Also, I need to compile those in one go because
> they depend on each other. I didn't find a way to implement this using
> the srcdir attribute, or nested src tags. Any ideas?

The only way to do this is by resetting srcdir to an empty string.
That's the technique <compilewithwalls> and others (including me) have
used in the past.

That way, Javac will compile *only* the file explicitly given to it,
and never implicitly compile files the explicitly given classes depend
on (which will lead to compile failures if the depend classes aren't
found via the classpath).

AFAIK, <javac> will accept several nested <fileset>s, so that's how
you include source files from several directories (but remember to
scrdir=""). --DD