ant-user mailing list archives

From Henning Bredel <h.bre...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Best practises for Ant Memory usage
Date Fri, 20 Jun 2008 13:40:24 GMT
On Friday 20 June 2008 15:24:56 Ravi Roy wrote:
> Hi,
> Thanks for your reply Henning. Yes, javac causes memory error,
> following is the error message. I am using Sun JDK 1.6.0_03-b05.
>______ compile:
>     [javac] Compiling 4 source files to d:\Build\iPiece\Java\iTool\bin
>     [javac]
>     [javac]
>     [javac] The system is out of resources.
>     [javac] Consult the following stack trace for details.
>     [javac] java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

> I have set ANT_OPTS to -DXms=1536m -DXmx=1536m , earlier it was set to
> 1024m.

Have you tried to use the attribute 'memoryMaximumSize'
and 'memoryInitialSize' of the javac task!?

Although the ANT_OPTS should be passed through to the
JVM, I run into a java heap space error, too, while deploying
to a Tomcat . . . Anyway, I am not sure, if the pass through
is really done. Perhaps anyone knows more about that.

An alternative would be to use the 'fork' attribute, to use
the JDK externally.

More info:
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/javac.html

Regards