ant-user mailing list archives

From JimCant <jc...@head.cfa.harvard.edu>
Subject Can force a target to run whenever ant in invoked to do setup without 'depends' in each target
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 22:18:16 GMT

How can I ensure that a given target will always run before any others
regardless of what is specifed on the command line?  I have a build file
that depends on a single parameter (property) to define output directories
and other properties.  I'd like to be able to check that this property has
been set whenever this the build file is invoked for any target or set of
targets without having to make every target depend on it.  Can this be done?
For Perl fans this is like a BEGIN block; for Java fans, this is like a
static block in a class - that is- code that gets run before anything else
happens.

Thanks,
jim cant