ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Strip directory from fileset includesfile jar location
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 17:59:58 GMT
The reason that it is a bad idea to place log4j.properties
in a jar file is that it may be in multiple jar files, - so which
one is the correct log4j. For example there is a log4j.properties
in bsf.jar (2.4) and in cobertura.jar.

As to where else to place the log4j properties file - it depends!

1) do not use log4j.
2) if the java app is started from a bash script, add the log4j.propeties
    to a directory and add that dit to the class path for the app.
3) if the java app is started from an ant script, use the classpath element
    for junti and for <java>
4) if the java app is started by java -jar, place the log4j.propertes
    in a non-default location and use the log4j api to set the configuration.

Peter