ant-user mailing list archives

From "Peter Reilly" <peter.kitt.rei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JUnit crash after successful run
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 07:30:04 GMT
Ant does not distribute junit.jar, so the junit.jar file in your
$ANT_HOME/lib directory
would have been placed there independently.

With ant 1.7, the best practice is not to place a junit.jar file in
$ANT_HOME/lib.
Instead, one should use the classpath element of the junit task, and use
a project specific junit.jar.

Peter

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 8:20 AM, Shawn Castrianni
<Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com> wrote:
> Looking inside the junit.jar from my ant/lib directory, I can decompile the Version.class
and see that it is version JUnit 3.8.1.  I downloaded JUnit 4.4 from their website and replaced
the 3.8.1 jar in my ant/lib directory.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  Is this a proper
fix for my problem or is using JUnit 4.4 with ANT 1.7 a bad idea?

> ---
> Shawn Castrianni

 I am using ANT 1.7.  I found the report on bug 41104 which is similar, but I never got the
FileNotFoundException as described in the bug report and I am pretty sure I don't have two
different version of ANT on my classpath.  If I change my junit to a java task and specify
the test name as the main class and provide a main method that creates a suite(), it runs
fine and the forked JVM does not crash.  One thing I did notice with using a java task is
that I see more output on the screen that appears to be coming from System.err.  This System.err
is not visible when running with junit task.  Where is it going?  I have tried versions of
formatters and such, but I can't get the forked JVM crash to go away.