ant-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Green" <chris.green...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re setting a variable to a new value.
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 10:11:06 GMT
I need to re set a variable to a new value during the execution of an
Ant script.

>From what I understand, this cannot be done by using the property command e.g.

<property name="component" value="initial value"/>
                       .
                       .
                       .
                       .
<property name="component" value="new value"/>

I have tryed using the var command e.g.

<var name="component" value="" value="initial value"/>
                       .
                       .
                       .
                       .
<var name="component" value="" value="initial value"/>

even placing a <var name="src.dir" value="" unset="true"/> between yet
I get the message

Problem: failed to create a task or type var
Cause: The name is undefined.
Action: Check the spelling.
Action: Check that any custion tasks/types have been declared.
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/macrodef> declarations have taken place.

Please could someone make a suggestion.