ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: Calling a cmd batch file from Ant
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 08:04:32 GMT
<ant> with nested <property> ?
Or use of <macrodef>s?

Jan

________________________________

	The reason I'm not using ant is that :-

	1. My main build.xml script calls the component.xml script
numerous times.
	2. Each time the component.xml script is called, the variable
'component' needs to be set to something different.
	3. Component.xml is generic therefore don't want to hard code
anything variables in
	4. Once variable set, can't be changed.

	Honestly, there is some underlying logic behind all of this.

	Chris

	On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 9:41 AM, <Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
wrote:

		> I am calling a dos batch file from an Ant script using
the
		> following code :-
		>
		> <property name="dos"
location="c:/windows/system32/cmd.exe"/>

		> <exec executable="${dos}" dir="c:/build/">
		>           <arg value="CommonCommponent.bat"/>
		> </exec>
		>
		> On the assumption that I get the Microsoft Windows
Copyright
		> info appear, I
		> assume the above commands are running ok. The only
trouble
		> is, the contents
		> / commands in the batch file don't seen to get
executed.

		http://ant.apache.org/faq.html#batch-shell-execute

		> Batch file contents are :-
		>
		> set component=common