ant-user mailing list archives

From <Jan.Mate...@rzf.fin-nrw.de>
Subject AW: AW: generate file list with parameterized regexp
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 05:21:47 GMT
Ok, I had a look into the source of <containsregexp> org.apache.tools.ant.types.selectors.ContainsRegexpSelector.
It checks the 'content' of the file ...
- directories are always selected
- files are selected its content matches the regexp expression

I'll update the manual to make this more clear.

After that I think that you want to select files which 'names' match the regexp.
The <filename> selector supports simple pattern matching like '*' but no real regexps.
I havent found a builtin one, but with BSF+Java4 or Java6 you could use a scripted selector.
<project>
    <property name="searchRegexp" value="six.*"/>
    <pathconvert property="selected" pathsep="${line.separator}">
        <fileset dir=".">
            <scriptselector language="javascript" setbeans="true">
                self.setSelected( filename.match(searchRegexp) != null );
            </scriptselector>
        </fileset>
    </pathconvert>
    <echo>Selected files for ${search.regexp}</echo>
    <echo>${selected}</echo>
</project>

Jan