ant-user mailing list archives

From Martin Gainty <mgai...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Re setting a variable to a new value.
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 14:31:17 GMT

yes Properties are immutable
http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/property.html
I think ant-optional has a mutable variable try
http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html

HTHMartin ______________________________________________Disclaimer and confidentiality noteEverything
in this e-mail and any attachments relates to the official business of Sender. This transmission
is of a confidential nature and Sender does not endorse distribution to any party other than
intended recipient. Sender does not necessarily endorse content contained within this transmission.>
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 12:11:06 +0200> From: chris.green100@googlemail.com> To: user@ant.apache.org>
Subject: Re setting a variable to a new value.> > I need to re set a variable to a new
value during the execution of an> Ant script.> > From what I understand, this cannot
be done by using the property command e.g.> > <property name="component" value="initial
value"/>> .> .> .> .> <property name="component" value="new value"/>>
> I have tryed using the var command e.g.> > <var name="component" value="" value="initial
value"/>> .> .> .> .> <var name="component" value="" value="initial value"/>>
> even placing a <var name="src.dir" value="" unset="true"/> between yet> I get
the message> > Problem: failed to create a task or type var> Cause: The name is undefined.>
Action: Check the spelling.> Action: Check that any custion tasks/types have been declared.>
Action: Check that any <presetdef>/macrodef> declarations have taken place.> >