ant-user mailing list archives

From "Christofer Jennings" <boz...@gmail.com>
Subject classloader problem?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 17:22:25 GMT
I think I have a classloader problem.

I've made a custom task that looks through classes for a method annotation,
then makes a report. I've got junit tests that work in my IDE showing that
the annotations can be found. But when I run the task the annotations are
not recognized. .... That is, the annotation is there. I can read its type.
But if I ask the method for an annotation matching the class it doesn't
match. (Yes, the class matches the reported type.: e.g.,
com.foo.MyAnnotation.class)

So I think I have a classloader problem. My task accepts a path to find the
classes with the annotations. It creates a classloader from the ant project,
passing in the given path. My theory is that the classes loaded by my task
are on a different classloader than the MyAnnotation.class and that is why
they don't match. ... Sound right? .... If so how do I get them on the same
classloader?

Thanks in advance,
boz