ant-user mailing list archives

From Shawn Castrianni <Shawn.Castria...@halliburton.com>
Subject RE: JUnit crash after successful run
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 07:20:15 GMT
Looking inside the junit.jar from my ant/lib directory, I can decompile the Version.class and
see that it is version JUnit 3.8.1.  I downloaded JUnit 4.4 from their website and replaced
the 3.8.1 jar in my ant/lib directory.  That seems to have fixed the problem.  Is this a proper
fix for my problem or is using JUnit 4.4 with ANT 1.7 a bad idea?

---
Shawn Castrianni

-----Original Message-----
From: Shawn Castrianni [mailto:Shawn.Castrianni@halliburton.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 14, 2008 2:05 AM
To: 'Ant Users List'
Subject: JUnit crash after successful run

I am getting a forked JVM crash for my junit task after the unit tests run successfully.
I am using ANT 1.7.  I found the report on bug 41104 which is similar, but I never got the
FileNotFoundException as described in the bug report and I am pretty sure I don't have two
different version of ANT on my classpath.  If I change my junit to a java task and specify
the test name as the main class and provide a main method that creates a suite(), it runs
fine and the forked JVM does not crash.  One thing I did notice with using a java task is
that I see more output on the screen that appears to be coming from System.err.  This System.err
is not visible when running with junit task.  Where is it going?  I have tried versions of
formatters and such, but I can't get the forked JVM crash to go away.

---
Shawn Castrianni