ant-user mailing list archives

From "Toomey, Kevin H (ATS, IT)" <Kevin.Too...@thehartford.com>
Subject RE: Class-Path not recognised from MANIFEST.MF
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 15:50:23 GMT
Hi Ravi,

I'm assuming the exception is for a class in the App1.jar file.  That's
because (unfortunately) jar files can't read jar files contained within
them. You need to place App1.jar on the file system and include it in
your command to your executable jar file.

Ex. java -classpath App1.jar -jar Application.jar

Thanks,
Kevin

-----Original Message-----
From: Ravi Roy [mailto:ravi.aroy@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2008 11:29 AM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Class-Path not recognised from MANIFEST.MF

Hi All,

My apologies if I am missing something obivious, I have the following
test build.xml, in which I am trying to create a executable JAR, I am
specifying the Class-Path which is needed by the application at runtime
but application reports NoClassDefFound error...

Class-Path and Main-Class attribute are fine the Manifest.MF.. But
looked very strange that is come with NoClassDefFoundError..

Does soembody knows the clue what is wrong ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ravi.

<project name="Test Executable application" default="main">

<target name="main" depends="manifest.creation">  <jar
destfile="Application.jar" manifest="manifest.mf" update="false">
   <fileset dir="${basedir}">
     <include name="*com/**" />
     <include name="App1.jar" />
   </fileset>
 </jar>
</target>

<target name="manifest.creation">
  <manifest file="MANIFEST.MF">
    <attribute name="Main-Class" value="com.maycompany.test.HelloMain"
/>
    <attribute name="Class-Path" value="App1.jar" />
  </manifest>
</target>

</project>

destroy all copies.