ant-user mailing list archives

From Amit Dor-Shifer <ami...@oversi.com>
Subject best practice: How to insert unreferenced class files into a JAR
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 11:55:15 GMT
Hi all.
I'm using a framework of logging formatters. Those formatters are
assigned to a log according to configuration. This means those classes
are never imported in source code. I've came to notice this when a/m
files weren't appended to my JAR. They are located at the 'sourcepath'
of my project, but belong to a separate java project.

I've resolved this issue by explicitly adding the directory containing
those files to the 'srcdir' attribute of my 'javac' task. Nevertheless,
I'm not content with this solution and I'm guessing there's some sort of
standard procedure to resolve such issues. Anyone using java reflection
might stumble on the same issue, right? What's the correct way to have
dynamically instantiated classes available at runtime, in a deployed
environment?
Am I on the right path with this work-around?
Thanks,
Amit