ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: AW: Checking for build.properties and properties upon initialization
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 16:00:38 GMT
Knuplesch, Juergen wrote:
> Use the <if> task from antcontrib, which makes things easier.

Hmm, ok I've made it work But what I really want to know is:
How can I check if a set of properties exists?
My thoughts were to load a sample properties file like:

    <loadproperties srcFile="build.properties" />
    <loadproperties srcFile="sample_build.properties" />

but I can't get to comparing that build.properties has all of the
sample_build.properties set.
Is there another way or should I start looking into writing my own task?

What I'd like to accomplish is checking if build.properties exists
(which loadproperties ensures) and
then check to see if a set of properties is set. If a property is
missing I'd like to display a message with
the name of the property missing.

What are your thoughts?