ant-user mailing list archives

From Carlos Alonso <calo...@unkasoft.com>
Subject Re: Defining ant target to run junit tests using dbunit
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 14:48:47 GMT
Well, let's go step by step over the classpath definitions that you can
find in the example I attached a few mails ago.
The first classpath definition is required to tell the <sql> task where
to find the implementation of the mysql driver (as far as I know, you
did that successfully because the oracle error disappeared).
The second classpath definition is required to define the JUnit task
(<taskdef> ant task), and also seems to be alright.
Finally, the third classpath definition is required to tell the JUnit
task, where will find the required classes to execute the tests. This is
the classpath definition that you possibly made wrong. You can find this
classpath definition just below the line that reads <junit
haltonfailure...>.
Check whether you have these lines or not. Maybe, if you have these
lines written properly and it's still failing, could be because you
failed listing the all the classes that your tests require to be executed.

To include a whole folder or part of it to your classpath, you can use
as much <fileset> tags as you want (to reference a set of libraries that
are in the same folder) or <pathelement> tags to specify single
libraries. I advise you to place all the required jars into one single
folder and reference all of them at once by using the <fileset> tag.

<property name="lib" value="path/to/directory/containing/jars" />

<fileset dir="${lib}">
	<include name="*.jar"/>
</fileset>

As you can see in the source code from above, I point the fileset element to the folder where
all the required jars are enclosed and then , I include only those files that match the specified
pattern (*.jar) to the classpath.

Tip: If your .jar files where distributed into several folders hanging from a common root
(As you can see below), use the following expression <include name="**/*.jar" /> to
tell ant that the required files could be found anywhere contained below that point.

lib (root)

 |-> sub-lib1
 |      |
 |      |-> file1.jar