ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Re: Checking for build.properties and properties upon initialization
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 14:36:48 GMT
Dimitris Mouchritsas wrote:
> Hi everyone.
> I'm trying to create a sample project to test if the build.properties
> file exists and if the required properties are set
> upon initialization. But I'm not quite sure if I use correctly the
> condition task. This is what I've come up with right now:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
> <project name="TestProject" default="init">
>
>    <target name="check-required-properties"
>            description="Checks for required properties">
>
>        <fail>
>            <condition>
>                <and>
>                    <available file="build.properties" />
>                    <isset property="server.path" />
>                </and>
>            </condition>
>        </fail>
>
>    </target>
>
>    <target name="init"
>            description="Check build properties and initialize
> directory structure"
>            depends="check-required-properties">
>        <tstamp />
>    </target>
> </project>
>
> Without the build.properties file the build process succeeds. Why?
> Thanks
> Dimitris

Hmm, ok I managed to sold this once I understood that fails needs a
"true" condition and my condition was failing ofcourse. So I changed it to:
<condition>
    <not>
        <and>
            <available file="build.properties" />
            <isset property="server.path" />
        </and>
    </not>
</condition>

Now I'd like to ask another question. Would it be possible to know which
property is not set, so I can print it?
Thanks
Dimitris