ant-user mailing list archives

From Dimitris Mouchritsas <dimitris.mouchrit...@eurodyn.com>
Subject Checking for build.properties and properties upon initialization
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 12:45:09 GMT
Hi everyone.
I'm trying to create a sample project to test if the build.properties
file exists and if the required properties are set
upon initialization. But I'm not quite sure if I use correctly the
condition task. This is what I've come up with right now:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<project name="TestProject" default="init">

    <target name="check-required-properties"
            description="Checks for required properties">

        <fail>
            <condition>
                <and>
                    <available file="build.properties" />
                    <isset property="server.path" />
                </and>
            </condition>
        </fail>

    </target>

    <target name="init"
            description="Check build properties and initialize directory
structure"
            depends="check-required-properties">
        <tstamp />
    </target>
</project>

Without the build.properties file the build process succeeds. Why?
Thanks
Dimitris