ant-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Carlos Alonso <calo...@unkasoft.com>
Subject Re: Defining ant target to run junit tests using dbunit
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 07:21:21 GMT
Have you included the java junit.jar library into the classpath provided 
for the junit task?
The TestListener class is actually included in that .jar file.

Regards.
Carlos

tmni escribió:
> I appreciate both attempts to help.
> I had already viewed that other web page and tried to follow it.  It doesn't
> provide quite enough
> detail for me.
>
> I did try using some of the sample code provided.  I was able to eliminate
> the error about not
> finding the oracle driver.  But now when I try to include a junit taskdef, I
> get a classpath error that
> a class needed by JUnitTask (TestListener) is not found.  As far as I can
> tell, it is on the classpath, so no
> idea what this all about.  I tried a couple ways of including it in the
> classpath within the build.xml file.
>
> Sure would be nice if someone had a sample who had also written junit tests
> using dbunit for a web app
> using Hibernate and Oracle.  I simply cannot get this to work;very
> frustrating...
>
>
> Carlos Alonso-2 wrote:
>   
>> Hi tmni,
>>
>> About the authentication exception that you're getting, I cannot guess 
>> neither cause nor solution, but I think the following source code could 
>> be helpful.
>>
>> The first point is the problem you're getting with the oracle driver 
>> load. I think that the point is that you have not defined where Ant can 
>> find the class that implements the driver. I've never used Oracle, but I 
>> don't think it differs much on mysql. In the following source code you 
>> can check that the .jar file where the driver is implemented is directly 
>> pointed out by the classpath argument, so try adding the .jar file to 
>> the classpath.
>>
>> <sql
>>             driver = "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
>>             password = "pass"
>>             url = "jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1/"
>>             userid = "pass"
>>             autocommit = "true"
>>             classpath = "${lib}/mysql-connector-java-5.0.4-bin.jar"
>>             >
>>     .
>>     .
>>     .
>> </sql>
>>
>> Regarding now to the second problem to set the tests you want to be 
>> executed, have a look at the code below, instead of dbunit I use Junit 
>> as you can see, but I don't think they are very different.
>>
>> As for the previous situation, you'll have to define a classpath from 
>> which your tests will be compiled, and then, include them in a <fileset> 
>> resource into the <batchtest> task.
>> The formatter elements that you can see over specify the output that the 
>> junit task will produce.
>>
>> <taskdef name="junit"
>>             
>> classname="org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTask"
>>             classpath="${scripts}/tools/ant-junit.jar"
>> />
>>
>> <junit haltonfailure="no" printsummary="on" fork="yes">
>>             <classpath >
>>                  <pathelement location="${build}"/>
>>                  <fileset dir="${lib}">
>>                     <include name="*.jar"/>
>>                  </fileset>
>>             </classpath>
>>             <formatter type="brief" usefile="false"/>
>>             <formatter type="xml" />
>>              <batchtest todir="${results}" >
>>                  <fileset dir="${src}" includes="**/*Tests/Test*.java"/>
>>             </batchtest>
>>         </junit>
>>
>> I hope it may help you.
>> Regards.
>> Carlos
>>
>> tmni escribió:
>>     
>>> I am relatively new to ant and am having trouble setting up a target to
>>> run a
>>> series of junit tests.
>>> These tests all run fine when I launch them via eclipse.  But if I try to
>>> run ant directly via command prompt, I get errors.  First, I was getting
>>> error like:
>>> Error 'Unexpected failure during bean definition parsing in resource URL
>>> [file:spring-misc-junit.xml] at:
>>> Bean 'mailSender'; nested exception is java.lang.SecurityException: class
>>> “javax.mail.AuthenticationFailedException”’s signer information does not
>>> match signer information of other classes in the same package.
>>>
>>> I thought it might have something to do with authenticating to database,
>>> so
>>> tried adding the following
>>> dbunit info.  I got an error that there must be at least 1 step in a
>>> dbunit
>>> task. I tried adding a task to do
>>> an insert, but don't know why this would be necessary since the test
>>> themselves set up the test data, accessing a test data xml file.  Even
>>> with
>>> that change, I get error that oracle driver cannot be loaded.
>>>
>>> The tests use dbunit and the underlying database is Oracle (accessed via
>>> Hibernate in application).
>>> I can't figure out how to define the test target and I cannot find a
>>> sample
>>> that does this.  Does
>>> anyone have a sample ant build file that runs junit tests that use
>>> dbunit/hibernate/oracle combination??
>>>
>>> <target name="test2" depends="init,compile">
>>>   <taskdef classpathref="project.class.path" name="dbunit"
>>>     classname="org.dbunit.ant.DbUnitTask" />
>>>   <dbunit driver="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
>>>    url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@server:port:dbname"
>>>    userid="me"
>>>    password="password">
>>> </dbunit>
>>>
>>>   
>>>       
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>     
>
>   


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: user-unsubscribe@ant.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: user-help@ant.apache.org


Mime
View raw message