ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scot P. Floess" <flo...@mindspring.com>
Subject Re: Programmatically create a fileset and reference
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 13:46:53 GMT
OK I think I see the problem.  It breaks down due to the space?

Have you looked at Ant Contrib?

They have a <for> task that may help you.  It uses delimiters - in this
case you can define the delimiter as a comma.  You might also want to
define in a macrodef (sorry I am a huge huge fan of macrodefs)...

<macrodef name="copy-files" description = "Will copy files contained in
@{property} to dir @{to-dir} storing all the files in ref id @{id}">
    <attribute name="property"  description="Property that contains all
files to copy"/>
    <attribute name="id" description="Path id reference once files copied"/>
    <attribute name="to-dir" description="Directory to copy files"/>
    <attribute name="delim" default="," description = "Delimiter used in
@{property}"/>

    <sequence>
       <mkdir dir="@{to-dir}"/>

       <for list="${@{property}}" param="toCopy" delimiter="@{delim}">
          <sequential>
             <copy file = "@{toCopy}"  toDir="@{to-dir}"/>
          </sequential>
       </for>

       <path id="@{id}">
          <fileset dir="@{to-dir}"/>
       </path>
    </sequence>
</macrodef>

Keep in mind, I just whipped this out ;)

To use:

<property name="jdbc.jar" value="C:\Documents and
Settings\jweber\Desktop\db2_test\db2jcc.jar,C:\Documents and
Settings\jweber\Desktop\db2_test\db2jcc_license_cu.jar"/>

<copy-files property="jdbc.jar" id = "copied.files" to-dir =
"new-directory"/>

Note that property attribute simply lists the property name...not using
the dollar notation as that is taken care of in the <for> task via
${@{property}}

HTH,

Flossy

Scot P. Floess