ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeremy Weber <jeremy.we...@snet.net>
Subject Programmatically create a fileset and reference
Date Thu, 01 May 2008 19:38:47 GMT
Hi All,

I have created dozen of custom tasks before, but find myself struggling
with this one. I wish to create a task that does the following:

1.  Accepts a file attribute to represent the absolute path of a file
contains comma separated absolute paths.
    a.  this file name will be read in, parsed and each file found will
be added to a fileset object, which in term is added to a resources object.
2.  Accepts a id property
    a.  this id will be the id of the resource created in step 1a.

So essentially I want...

    <csvtofileset file="csv.file.name" id="some.id.name">

I am unclear on how to add the fileset i create in my code to the
project.  Additionally I am unsure of how to assign this an 'id' that I
can reference elsewhere.  Basically what I want to be able to do is
create a collection of files on the fly which I can reference on the
fly.   Essentially in the following snippet, the resources element would
be replaced by my new task element

<project name="test" basedir="." default="test">

   <!-- old -->
    <resources id="fsd">
         <fileset file="c:\temp\db2_test\db2jcc.jar" />
         <fileset file="c:\temp\db2_test\db2jcc_license_cu.jar" />
     </resources>
    <!-- old -->

           <csvtofileset file="csv.file.name" id="fsd">

   <target name="test">
          <copy toDir="c:\temp\ failonerror="true">
             <resources refid="fsd"/>
          </copy>
   </target>
</project>