ant-user mailing list archives

From "David Weintraub" <qazw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Set a property based on a regular expression (without ant-contrib)
Date Fri, 25 Apr 2008 20:38:44 GMT
This might exactly what you're looking for: Check the <condition>
task. It has the ability to examine the Ant version, so you can verify
that you're running the correct Ant version.

If not, take a look at the AntContrib task <propertyregex>.
<http://ant-contrib.sourceforge.net/tasks/tasks/index.html>

That will let you filter out the version ID from the property string.

On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Iván Perdomo <ia_perdomo@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'm new to ant and I'm facing the following problem:
>
>  I want to know the current ant version, e.g. 1.7.0, I
>  know that there are built-in properties, but in some
>  linux distros -like gentoo- the {$ant.version}
>  property result is:
>
>  Apache Ant version 1.7.0 compiled on April 8 2008
>
>  and I just want only the "1.7.0" part. Is There a way
>  to set a value of a property based on the match of a
>  regular expression, similar to propertyregexp of
>  ant-contrib? I want to do it with ant's core, not
>  external libraries.
>
>  I hope that someone can give some advice.
>
>  Best Regards,
>
>  --
>  Iván Perdomo

David Weintraub