ant-user mailing list archives

From "Gerrit ." <>
Subject Apply task and multiple target files
Date Thu, 17 Apr 2008 22:52:04 GMT

Hi, I'm new to Ant. Maybe there's someone here who can point me to the relevant documentation
or an example for my problem:

I'd like to call <apply> for an executable which needs to be passed multiple targets,
whose names are derived from the source file. Two of these are actual filesystem paths, one
is just a string parameter (also derived from the source filename). When I try to use a compositemapper,
I get the error message that "apply doesn't support multiple targetfile elements."

Here's what I tried. It doesn't look quite right anyway, because the 3rd target param isn't
really a file.

<apply executable="myexecutable">

    <arg value="-infile"/>
    <arg value="-outfile1"/>
    <arg value="-outfile2"/>
    <arg value="-myparam"/>
    <fileset dir="${my_dir}" includes="*.foo"/>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.foo" to="*.bar1"/>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.foo" to="*.bar2"/>
        <mapper type="glob" from="*.foo" to="*_param"/>

Can someone help me?
Thanks in advance!

Discover the new Windows Vista