ant-user mailing list archives

From Chuck Holzwarth <chuck_holzwa...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANT and SQLPlus
Date Wed, 23 Apr 2008 21:00:46 GMT
You may want to use anforms to prompt for the values to feed in and create the bat file with
the required inputs before you call it. My experience with the exec command is that it is
attached to ant and not the keyboard. When it attempts to get input, there is none and it
would exit or hang, depending on the program exec'd. I have had to use antforms to prompt
for values for variables, create a bat file that includes the variables, execute the bat file
and delete the bat file when I didn't want the information available as an artifact.

Thank you,
Chuck Holzwarth
(804) 403-3478 (home)
(540) 335-3171 (cell)

----- Original Message ----
From: Mike Stewart <MStewart@mgtplc.com>
To: user@ant.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:43:21 AM
Subject: ANT and SQLPlus

I am trying to execute a SQLPlus script from ANT and have been unable to
get this to work when the SQLPlus script requires user input as in the
example below:

If I execute the ANT target Create:

<target name="Create" >
    <exec executable="cmd" >
        <arg value="/K" />        Note have also tried the
/C, /c, /k value  here but have the same result
        <arg value="Create.bat" />
    </exec>
</target>

Where Create.bat contains the following line:

SQLPlus "SYS/sys@DEMODB AS SYSDBA" @\newuser.sql

Everything is ok until the newuser.sql requires an input, at this point
SQLPlus exits without waiting for the prompt:

     [exec] Please input spool name. No file extension required (i.e.
DBC_SCR12345)   >> Disconnected from Oracle9i Ente
rprise Edition Release 9.2.0.6.0 - Production

If the Create.bat is run from the command line it waits for the input
and executes as expected.

 I've tried various combinations including running SQLPlus in place of
the cmd executable in ANT and had the same effect.
Any ideas?

Mike S.

believed to be clean.